Saturday, June 16, 2007

another great day in Beijing

June 15,2007
We had another great day today. It was very,very busy.In the morning we took a bus trip to the summer palace. It was incredibly beautiful there. We only spent 3 hours there so we tried to see as much as we could but you really need about 3 days to truly experience the place. In the afternoon we went to the silk market for some shopping. It really wasn't my(Dave) thing. I don't like shopping anywhere and don't do well in a mall.I wouldn't know what is or isn't a bargain in any country or form of money. Jennifer and Jayna did really well. Once they got over the shock and frustration of people tugging and pulling at you everywhere they were really good at bargaining themselves some good deals. I bought one small thing and got had so at least I experienced it so I'll just leave all the shopping to them. I was however able to speak a bit of chinese to people in the mall and was understood and talked to without buying anything so that was kinda cool for me. In the evening we went to see an amazing acrobatic show. Words can't describe it. We have a video so hopefully it will be O.K. otherwise you'll just have to come here and see it for yourself. We just love it here but Jen is starting to stress about the big day coming up. Tomorrow we fly to Chongqing and do our paper work at the hotel there and then rest up for the trip to the orphanage to get Ali the next day. Only 2 more sleeps 'til gotcha Day!!!!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Jen and Dave,

We are enjoying following your journey. We hope you continue to have a great time. We can't wait to see your GOTCHA day! SNAP lots of pictures of the orphanage and babies if you get a chance.

The Peters Family
Waiting for Qian Li Pei
She just turned 1 on June 8, 2007

Linda from CA said...

Jen and Dave,

Hi! I just joined the Qianjiang SWI yahoo group today. My baby is in Qianjiang SWI also. She is Qian, Li Meng born 10-13-06. I am still trying to identify her from some of the pictures posted about our orphanage. Hope you continue to have a wonderful trip and I am excited to see your Gotcha Day photos.

Best Wishes, Linda (soon to be Madeleine's mom)DOR 6/07

dragondreams said...

Take care guys! Don't stress too much Jenny!!! Sleep :) It will a long time before you sleep well again.