Friday, May 23, 2008

First week of Daycare


settling in on the firetruck



playing outside



blowing bubbles



nap time



finishing snack



Ali has just finished her first week of daycare. Ali is in the toddler room. The children are from 18 months to 2.5 years. Ali is one of the younger ones in the room. Tuesday was her first day and she did really good. Played with new friends, enjoyed her food and fell right to sleep at nap time. At circle time she was excited to go a pick a fruit. She picked a banana and tried to take a bite. However, it was plastic so she gave it back to her teacher.
Wednesday she also had a good day until mom picked her up. She saw me on the other side of the door and started to cry. Thursday, she cried when I dropped her off and when I picked her up but the rest of the day she did really good. Her favorite time is outside time after which she has no problem letting the teachers know she does not want to go back inside! She has some amazing teachers; Mrs. Barb, Miss Rachel and Mrs. Alison which I know helps Ali and mom.
How did mom do the first week? Well, mom didn't eat much and didn't sleep well either.
I only went to see her when she was asleep. The rest of the day my spies did a great job of keeping me informed.

No comments: